Mth 212 Mth212
- For each POW assignment, you will be given a specific problem or set of
problems to solve.
- COMPLETING YOUR POW ASSIGNMENTS
• Carefully write up the work that you do solving the problem. For each
POW, look at your copy of the state scoring guide and the student
directions (POW Warm Up), The scoring guide will be used to score
your work. Show your solution path and all of your work.
• Clearly note strategies and failed attempts.
• “Picture perfect solutions” are not our goal.
• Communicating our problem solving process is our goal.
POW ASSIGNMENT ASSESSMENT
- To help familiarize you with the State Scoring Guide, most of your POW
assignments will be assessed using the five categories on the scoring
1. Conceptual Understanding (1 - 6 points)
2. Processes & Strategies (1 - 6 points)
3. Verification (1 - 6 points)
4. Communication (1 - 6 points)
5. Accuracy (1, 4 or 5 points)
- NOTE: When the student direction page says to "write in the provided
spaces," they are talking about a pre-printed problem set that grade school
children receive. For the POW problems in Math 212 please write on blank,
lined or graph paper.
TURNING IN YOUR POW ASSIGNMENTS
?? Please attach a POW cover sheet with the embedded Oregon Scoring
Guide to your work when you turn your assignment in. A copy will be
provided with each POW assignment.